Kizz Daniel over the years has proven to be one of the most talented artistes in the contemporary Nigerian music era. On this third album he sure lives up to expectations.
Oluwatobiloba Daniel Anidugbe popularly known as Kizz Daniel is widely acknowledged as one of the most talented artistes of the contemporary Nigerian music era and the musical artiste with “No Bad Songs”, a title he has himself acknowledged with the release of his sophomore album in 2018 which he titled same.
The Graduate of Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta where he studied Water Engineering arrived in the Nigerian music scene in 2014 when he released the single “Shoye” under his then label “G Worldwide“.
It was not until the release of the DJ coublon produced smash ballad hit “Woju” that he achieved the much desired attention every upcoming artiste prays for and he sure matched up the expectations of the monster hit with other hit songs like Laye, Mama, Good Time, Yeba, Sofa, Duro, as well as a highly successful debut album “New Era” that won Best Pop album and Album of the year at the 2016 Headies.
Following his split from his label in 2017, Kizz Daniel created his own label known as FlyBoy and released his Sophomore and first collaborative album “No Bad Songs” featuring Wretch 32, Sarkodie, Davido, Nasty C, Diplo and Phikeyz in the year 2018.
On the 25th of June, 2020 Kizz Daniel released his third studio album titled “King of Love” under his record label FlyBoy Inc. We will be reviewing the highly anticipated album by Kizz Daniel which has no features, a method he adopted with his debut album “New Era“.
Album Title – King of Love
Release Date – 25th of June , 2020
Genre – RnB, AfroPop
Tracks – 17
Length – 47 minutes
Featured Acts – None
Label – FlyBoy Inc
Executive Producer – Kizz Daniel
Music Producers– Coublon, Majorbangz, Tee-y-mix , One Sound , ATG, Runtinz,Teflon zino, Philkeyz, Krizbeatz, Qasebeatz, Young john, Fancy, Sugarboy, Lussh.
1) Jaho – The album opens with a celebratory worship song to Jehovah and fits perfectly for an album intro. The DJ Coublon produced tune was released in 2019 and served as one of the lead-singles off the Album. Kizz Daniel bounces effortlessly on the spiritually themed tune giving praises to God and praying for more grace and blessings while also advising people to act right and believe in the power of Jehovah.
2) Ada – Ada was one of the tracks Kizz Daniel teased fans with a few days before the album release. The track reminds one of the Jombo track off his debut “New Era” album. The track was produced by DJ Coublon & Young John and showcases Kizz Daniel expressing his undying love to his beautiful lady from the East titled Ada. Solid production and melody, one of the strongest tracks on the Project.
“E be like coco and ice , e be like Bonny and Clyde” Kizz Daniel sings heartily.
3) Boys Are Bad – Kizz Daniel shows versatility and lyrical dexterity on this one. The Philkeyz and DJ Coublon produced song potrays Kizz Daniel as an insecure lover who is protective of his girl because of the bad boys outside showing interest in her. A lovely production from Philzkeys and DJ Coublon and an excellent performance by Kizz Daniel. A potential fan favourite.
4) We wan Comot – We wan Comot is produced by KrizBeatz. Kizz Daniel tells the ladies to get ready as they are about to go out and shut down parties and events around town. A very okay high-life track that continues the roller coaster of love evident on the album.
5) Aii – Another KrizBeatz production. It is evident that there is a strong chemistry between KrizBeatz and Kizz Daniel. The song also sticks to the Album narrative proclaiming Kizz Daniel “The King Of love“. Kizz Daniel assures his lover on the track that no one will take their place and everything will be alright. Kizz Daniel flexes solid vocal power on this joint as he tells his baby to look into his eyes.
6) Pak n Go – One of the singles released before the album dropped and produced by DJ Coublon, Kizz Daniel warns boys to let parasitic girls go and only be with women they can afford to take care of. Albeit some lines on the song have been interpreted to be offensive, the song managed to be a sleeper hit in 2019.
7) Need Somebody – Kizz Daniel absolutely murdered this Majorbankz and TeeyMix produced track. Kizz Daniel pleads with his lady to please stay with him as he needs somebody in his high and low times. Kizz does more of R&B on here and also flexes his vocal dexterity on the joint. A solid joint.
8) Tempted to Steal – Excellent story telling is carried out with this track. Kizz Daniel talks about his days as a broke man and his struggles in providing for his lover. He contemplates stealing so his lover doesn’t run away to another man and he claims the track is based on a true story. The One Sound produced track will serve as a perfect soundtrack for a lot of upcoming romantic movies.
9) Chek – A club banger for the ladies. Selebobo renowned for producing Yemi Alade‘s worldwide smash Johnny came correct on this joint. Kizz Daniel effortless rhythm cajoling the ladies to dance and move is sure to be a fan favorite.
10) Yapa – Kizz Daniel brags on the track about his prowess and ability to attract the ladies anywhere he shows up to. A typical club banger that is sure to make waves. Kizz Daniel is basically praise-singing himself on this track and he sure deserves to do same. The track is produced by Qasebeats.
11) Fvck You – Probably one of the biggest Kizz Daniel song ever, the Young John produced tune centers on the issue of infidelity as Kizz Daniel expresses deep regrets for falling in love with the wrong girl. The FvckYouChallenge created by Kizz Daniel witnessed the creation of over 500 covers worldwide with submissions from Ghana, Ukraine, South Africa, Germany ,France and many other countries and went on to become a monster hit.
12) One Day – It is confirmed that there is a solid chemistry between Kriz beat and Kizz and this is evidenced on the track One day . A potential smash hit song for weddings , honeymoons and romantic escapades. Kizz Daniel confesses that one day, if he lives another day he will choose the same girl over and over again.
13) Find a Bae – “Find a Bae, Mo Ni Ko Find a Bae” – , Kizz Daniel sings affectionately reminiscent of how African mothers in their 60s tell their children in their 30s to bring home a partner.The track produced by ATG is a feel good track where Kizz narrates his ordeal in the hands of supposed “well wishers” that want him to find a Bae – by fire by force.
14) Padi – This track with Patoranking would have been flames but Kizz decides to stick to his zero features policy. Produced by Runtinz, Kizz Daniel claims the track is based on a true story. The singer acts the bad friend who doesn’t care about his Padi and wants to get a taste of his girl. May God save us from such Padis.
15) Chana – Produced by Teflon Zeno, Kizz Daniel once again mesmerizes the ladies, hailing them for their waist that “Chana” evey time he sights them. The beat is sick and was one of the best productions on the album.
16) Pipa – KrizBeatz again O. The fifth collaboration between Kriz and Kizz on the album. He narrates how he is focused on chasing Pipa and enjoying the Pipa while also dropping nuggets of wisdom like “They say keep your friends close , keep your enemies closer but I say keep all of them closer “.
17 ) Hook – it might surprise some that Sugar Boy was one of the acknowledged producers on this track as he co produced alongside OneSound , Lussh and Fancy. Kizz Daniel is relaxed on this joint that serves as a perfect Outro for the album. He raps and throws in witty lines here and there claiming his music prowess and prowess in the other room is getting everybody hooked. A fun track.
Kizz Daniel over the years has proven to be one of the most talented artistes in the contemporary Nigerian music era. On this third album he sure lives up to expectations. The album is up to standard as regards lyrical depth. Kizz Daniel ensures he gives meaningful lyrics and takes his time to deliver excellent songwriting on all the tracks on the album. There is hardly a track on the album without solid songwriting and delightful lyrics, a feat which deserves commendation in this era of “vibes” music .
The track listing and track arrangement is also very amazing and ensures the listener enjoys a wonderful time listening to the project as there is a seamless progression from track 1 to the very last track.
For an album that features a couple of relatively unknown producers , the production, mixing and mastering on the album is world class. New producers like Teflon Zino, ATG and OneSound did amazing jobs on the album likewise Renowned producers like YoungJohn, frequent collaborators, DJ Coublon , Majorbankz, Philzkeys and Selebobo.
Perhaps in a bid to be versatile and explore, Kizz employs the services of Krizbeatz who produces five tracks off the album. The result on the album is an amazing chemistry that leads to five fire tracks and reinforces the versatility of Kizz Daniel while also reminding one of his very amazing chemistry with DJ Coublon too.
The album also lives up to its title King of Love as Kizz Daniel weaves his tracks around love, relationships, body positivism, and infidelity. It can be said that indeed Kizz stuck to the album title as the title resonates throughout the tracks on the project.
One may however wonder if his approach not to do a no feature album again will recreate the success of his debut album New Era where he tried the same thing. Some of the tracks on the album sound similar and might have had a different and more powerful potential if certain artistes were on the project.
For his third studio album and second album under his label, Flyboy Inc, Kizz Daniel has performed amazingly Well and we wish him the very best as he continues to pride himself as the Artiste with No Bad Songs.
Album Rating: 9/10.
Written by Iamsynord: Freelance Entertainment Writer and Lawyer.